Mountains of exploration!
Call FREE on:
0800 0337 213
Email us or use our enquiry button.
Self-Guided Walking Holiday - Self-Guided Walking
Dates & Prices
Self-Guided Walking Holiday
We aim to take care of everything for you on your holiday so all you have to do is enjoy the mountains.
Our walking holidays are all offered on a catered basis with breakfasts, packed lunches and dinners provided.
You will also get to relax in luxury accommodation with a hot tub (for the Self-Guided Walking Holiday you will stay at Chalet Grande Ourse).
Dates & Prices
Prices are fixed in UK pounds (GBP) and Euro (EUR) prices will vary according to the exchange rates.
|Self-Guided Walking Holiday|
|Arrival (Saturdays)||Grade||Price |
|Sat 22-Jul-17||or||Fully Booked|
The one week price is per adult based upon two people sharing. The price includes:
- Seven nights accommodation (four nights for short stay).
- A map and route cards for self-guided walking.
- Briefing sessions with our guide.
- Local transport to and from walks (excludes changeover day & day off).
- Luxury chalet accommodation - Chalet Grande Ourse.
- Breakfast on seven mornings (four mornings for short stay).
- Packed lunches on five walking days (three days for short stay).
- Afternoon tea with home-baked cakes daily.
- Three course evening meal on six nights (three nights for short stay).
- Wine and beer with evening meals.
- GPS unit rental (£40 for the week).
- Airport transfers available for £30pp each way.
Not included in the price
- Flights, ferries or trains to France.
- Travel insurance.
- A night at a mountain hut (optional - approx. £44/€55 full board paid locally).
- Optional guided days (£25/€30 paid locally).
- Dinner on one evening.
- Lunches on non-walking days.
- Drinks & snacks from the honesty bar.
- Extra activities.
Solo Travellers & Small Groups
There's no need to find a group or indeed a travelling partner as we welcome solo travellers. Many of the guests on our walking holidays travel alone.
There is no single supplement to pay although we may ask that you share a twin room with a same sex traveller.
These holidays are not typically suitable for children under the age of 12. The price for children between the age of 12 and 16 is £395 (7 nights) or £295 (4 nights).
Difficulty & Grading
We are keen to make sure that all of our guests get the holiday expected and enjoy the walking as much as possible.
If any guests find themselves considerably less fit and able than the rest of the group or unable to meet the requirements of the particular grade, we reserve the right the move the guest to a lower graded group or to offer self-guided walking. Route cards, maps and a GPS unit are offered for self-guided days in this situation.
Summer in Samoens
Samoens is alive with activity in the summer. Whatever you’re into - walking, climbing, biking, rafting, golfing or simply exploring - it’s happening here!