Mountains of exploration!
Call FREE on:
0800 0337 213
Email us or use our enquiry button.
Self-Guided Walking Holiday - Self-Guided Walking
Self-Guided Walking Holiday
Our self-guided trips are perfect for those wishing to explore the local area of the Haute Savoie entirely at their own pace. Whether you just prefer full control over your daily plans or are just looking to have some freedom to experience some of the many alternative activities on offer, you can be sure that the Absolute Alpine team will help you make the most of your time in the Samoëns valley and surrounding area.
We will provide a map in addition to our detailed route cards to ensure you get the most out of your days on the mountain. Our experienced guide (and knowledgeable team) are on hand to provide any advice you may need and also to help with the booking of any other activities.
On 'walking days' (not Saturday change-over or a Wednesday staff rest day), we'll also provide local transport to and from your walks.
Mealtimes will also be a great opportunity to share stories of your mountain adventures with the other guests and pick up some ideas of areas to explore. If you decide that you would like to join a guided group you can upgrade for £25/€30 per day (paid locally).
Equally if you fancy an overnight adventure on the mountain, we can help to arrange a stay in one of the many mountain huts in the area (typically around €55 full board paid locally).
Each of our holidays offer something special, on this Self-Guided Walking Holiday you can look forward to the following highlights:
- Exploring a beautiful region.
- Take in stunning views of the Mont Blanc Massif.
- Classic walks such as the 'End of the World' and 'Pointe de Sales'.
- Sharing stories over delicious evening meals.
- Watching the majestic Bearded Vultures ride the thermals.
As with all of our holidays, your accommodation - Chalet Grande Ourse - offers a luxurious and comfortable base for your guided walking holiday.
With a hot tub and a well stocked honesty bar, the chalet is a perfect place to relax and reminisce after your day on the mountain.
Dates & Prices
This Self-Guided Walking Holiday is only available on selected dates. The adult per person price is £515 (7 nights) or £415 (4 nights). For more information on dates, prices (including children's prices) and special offers, Click Here.
The one week price is per adult based upon two people sharing. The price includes:
- Seven nights accommodation (four nights for short stay).
- A map and route cards for self-guided walking.
- Briefing sessions with our guide.
- Local transport to and from walks (excludes changeover day & day off).
- Luxury chalet accommodation - Chalet Grande Ourse.
- Breakfast on seven mornings (four mornings for short stay).
- Packed lunches on five walking days (three days for short stay).
- Afternoon tea with home-baked cakes daily.
- Three course evening meal on six nights (three nights for short stay).
- Wine and beer with evening meals.
- GPS unit rental (£40 for the week).
- Airport transfers available for £30pp each way.
Not included in the price
- Flights, ferries or trains to France.
- Travel insurance.
- A night at a mountain hut (optional - approx. £44/€55 full board paid locally).
- Optional guided days (£25/€30 paid locally).
- Dinner on one evening.
- Lunches on non-walking days.
- Drinks & snacks from the honesty bar.
- Extra activities.
Solo Travellers & Small Groups
There's no need to find a group to fill our chalet for these walking trips as all of these holidays are also open to solo travellers or small groups.
There is no single supplement to pay although we may ask that you share a twin room with a same sex traveller.
Difficulty & Grading
We are keen to make sure that all of our guests get the holiday expected and enjoy the walking as much as possible.
If any guests find themselves considerably less fit and able than the rest of the group or unable to meet the requirements of the particular grade, we reserve the right the move the guest to a lower graded group or to offer self-guided walking. Route cards, maps and a GPS unit are offered for self-guided days in this situation.
Summer in Samoens
Samoens is alive with activity in the summer. Whatever you’re into - walking, climbing, biking, rafting, golfing or simply exploring - it’s happening here!