Mountains of fun!
Call FREE on:
0800 0337 213
Email us or use our enquiry button.
Guided Walking Holiday - 2-Peaks Guided Walking
Type - Guided, chalet-based
Chalet - Chalet Grande Ourse
Group Size - Typically up to 8
Duration - 7 nights (4 for short stay)
Price - £615 (7 nights)\£475 (4 nights)
Walking - 5 days (3 for short stay)
Guided Walking Holiday
Our 2-peaks graded () holidays are perfect for those wishing to explore the stunning mountains and valleys of the Haute Savoie. Accompanied by our qualified, experienced and highly enthusiastic guide, you will get the opportunity to visit some incredible locations in and around the stunning Giffre valley.
The pace on our 2-peaks holidays is fairly leisurely with the focus on enjoying the mountain environment rather than the aim being on reaching summits. Time will be taken throughout the day to enjoy the views and to learn about the unique alpine wildlife.
A typical day will involve walking between five and seven hours and will remain largely on paths. There is very little exposure to heights (we avoid steep ridges and precipitous edges!) although from time to time there may be some gentle scrambling on loose ground.
Group sizes are typically up to eight people and whether you're a solo traveller, a couple or a group of mountain lovers, we welcome you into our friendly and convivial atmosphere.
Each of our holidays offer something special, on this 2-Peaks Guided Walking Holiday you can look forward to the following highlights:
- Stunning views over the Mont Blanc Massif.
- The impressive walk to the 'end of the world' (Bout du Monde).
- Winding through the old gorges in the Giffre valley.
- Watching the majestic Bearded Vultures ride the thermals.
- Soothing muscles in the hot tub after a day on the mountain.
As with all of our holidays, your accommodation - Chalet Grande Ourse - offers a luxurious and comfortable base for your guided walking holiday.
With a hot tub and a well stocked honesty bar, the chalet is a perfect place to relax and reminisce after your day on the mountain.
Dates & Prices
This Guided Walking Holiday is only available on selected dates. The adult per person price is £615 (7 nights) or £475 (4 nights). For more information on dates, prices (including children's prices) and special offers, Click Here.
The one week price is per adult based upon two people sharing. The price includes:
- Seven nights accommodation (four nights for short stay).
- Five days guided walking (three days for short stay).
- Local transport to and from walks.
- Luxury chalet accommodation - Chalet Grande Ourse.
- Breakfast on seven mornings (four mornings for short stay).
- Packed lunches on five walking days (three days for short stay).
- Afternoon tea with home-baked cakes daily.
- Three course evening meal on six nights (three nights for short stay).
- Wine and beer with evening meals.
- Airport transfers available for £30pp each way.
Not included in the price
- Flights, ferries or trains to France.
- Travel insurance.
- Dinner on one evening.
- Lunches on non-walking days.
- Drinks & snacks from the honesty bar.
- Extra activities.
Solo Travellers & Small Groups
There's no need to find a group to fill our chalet for these walking trips as all of these holidays are also open to solo travellers or small groups.
There is no single supplement to pay although we may ask that you share a twin room with a same sex traveller.
Difficulty & Grading
We are keen to make sure that all of our guests get the holiday expected and enjoy the walking as much as possible.
If any guests find themselves considerably less fit and able than the rest of the group or unable to meet the requirements of the particular grade, we reserve the right the move the guest to a lower graded group or to offer self-guided walking. Route cards, maps and a GPS unit are offered for self-guided days in this situation.
Summer in Samoens
Samoens is alive with activity in the summer. Whatever you’re into - walking, climbing, biking, rafting, golfing or simply exploring - it’s happening here!