Mountains of challenge!
Call FREE on:
0800 0337 213
Email us or use our enquiry button.
Guided Walking Holiday - 3-Peaks Guided Walking
Type - Guided, chalet-based
Chalet - Chalet Grande Ourse
Group Size - Typically up to 8
Duration - 7 nights (4 for short stay)
Price - £615 (7 nights)\£475 (4 nights)
Walking - 5 days (3 for short stay)
Guided Walking Holiday
Our 3-peaks graded holidays () are perfect for those seeking challenge and adventure in the stunning mountains around Samoëns. Accompanied by our qualified, experienced and highly enthusiastic guide, you will get to explore some of the most beautiful spots in and around the Giffre valley.
The 3-peaks walking trips are intended for those who not only have a keen interest in the mountains, the wildlife and the geology but also seek a daily challenge. Walking daily for up to nine hours and up to four hours spent climbing, there may be a need for an early start or a late finish on some days.
You can expect to gain 1,200 metres (3,200 feet) in altitude in a day and these trips are best suited to those who regularly walk in a mountain environment. Don't worry though, there will still be time to take in the views and learn more about your surroundings from our knowledgeable guide.
Part of the challenge will be in leaving the well marked paths and your adventures are likely to take you along ridges and require the use of fixed cables, chains and ladders. A head for heights is necessary and although this is a walking holiday, there may be some scrambling in places.
Group sizes are typically up to eight people and whether you're a solo traveller, a couple or a group of mountain lovers, we welcome you into our friendly and convivial atmosphere.
Each of our holidays offer something special, on this 3-Peaks Guided Walking Holiday you can look forward to the following highlights:
- Walking impressive ridges and reaching summits.
- Stunning views across the Mont Blanc Massif.
- A daily challenge and adventure to reflect on over dinner.
- Watching the majestic Bearded Vultures ride the thermals.
- Soothing muscles in the hot tub after a day on the mountain.
As with all of our holidays, your accommodation - Chalet Grande Ourse - offers a luxurious and comfortable base for your guided walking holiday.
With a hot tub and a well stocked honesty bar, the chalet is a perfect place to relax and reminisce after your day on the mountain.
Dates & Prices
This Guided Walking Holiday is only available on selected dates. The adult per person price is £615 (7 nights) or £475 (4 nights). For more information on dates, prices (including children's prices) and special offers, Click Here.
The one week price is per adult based upon two people sharing. The price includes:
- Seven nights accommodation (four nights for short stay).
- Five days guided walking (three days for short stay).
- Local transport to and from walks.
- Luxury chalet accommodation - Chalet Grande Ourse.
- Breakfast on seven mornings (four mornings for short stay).
- Packed lunches on five walking days (three days for short stay).
- Afternoon tea with home-baked cakes daily.
- Three course evening meal on six nights (three nights for short stay).
- Wine and beer with evening meals.
- Airport transfers available for £30pp each way.
Not included in the price
- Flights, ferries or trains to France.
- Travel insurance.
- Dinner on one evening.
- Lunches on non-walking days.
- Drinks & snacks from the honesty bar.
- Extra activities.
Solo Travellers & Small Groups
There's no need to find a group to fill our chalet for these walking trips as all of these holidays are also open to solo travellers or small groups.
There is no single supplement to pay although we may ask that you share a twin room with a same sex traveller.
Difficulty & Grading
We are keen to make sure that all of our guests get the holiday expected and enjoy the walking as much as possible.
If any guests find themselves considerably less fit and able than the rest of the group or unable to meet the requirements of the particular grade, we reserve the right the move the guest to a lower graded group or to offer self-guided walking. Route cards, maps and a GPS unit are offered for self-guided days in this situation.
Summer in Samoens
Samoens is alive with activity in the summer. Whatever you’re into - walking, climbing, biking, rafting, golfing or simply exploring - it’s happening here!