Relaxing and luxurious chalet accommodation in the heart of the French Alps
Call FREE on:
0800 0337 213
Email us or use our enquiry button.
Chalet - La Grande Ourse
Our flagship chalet, La Grande Ourse offers 5 bedrooms sleeping up to 13 people. There's a large, sociable open plan living space with a central fireplace and a separate dining area.
La Grande Ourse at a glance
- Catered winter chalet and catered summer activity holidays
- 5 bedrooms sleeping up to 13 people all with luxury showers or baths
- Four ensuite bathrooms with the remaining room having a private shower room and WC
- Great location - just 4 minutes from the village
- New Games Room with slate bed pool table
- Hot tub with stunning views across the valley
- Large open plan living space (with comfy sofas!)
- Toasty wood burning fireplace
- Generous yet cosy dining area
- Honesty bar
- Nintendo Wii and games for the whole family
- Large flat screen TV (with your favourite UK stations available via our satellite)
- Music and DVDs
- Free WiFi internet access
- Breath taking views across the valley
- A wealth of creature comforts to ensure a wonderful holiday
- Wide selection of board games and books
- A boot heaters to ensure toasty toes every morning
- Shuttle service to the ski lift in winter
- Ample parking
- Sunday to Sunday in winter, Saturday to Saturday in summer
- Available to book with Chalet Petite Ourse for groups of up to 21.
- Click here for more info...
The Grande Ourse is available for:
- Catered winter holidays - typically Sunday to Sunday
- Summer catered walking holidays - Saturday to Saturday
- Summer family adventure holidays - Saturday to Saturday
Next door to Chalet Petite Ourse, the properties can be booked together for groups of up to 21.
Chalet Grande Ourse in more detail
Our flagship chalet, La Grande Ourse, is a five bedroom property sleeping up to 13. Newly built in 2009 and furnished tastefully throughout, this chalet is truly perfect for families and groups of friends.
The large open plan living area surrounding the central glass staircase is an ideal environment for socialising or relaxing quietly with a book. At one end of the room is the spacious yet cosy dining area whilst the other is home to the comfy sofas, honesty bar and stunning fireplace.
Just off of the living area, one of the chalet balconies is home to a very inviting Hot Tub where you can look over the valley or watch the stars, sip a drink and relax those tired muscles.
Throughout your stay, you can help yourself to beer, wine and spirits from the honesty bar (this is conveniently located so that you can enjoy your favourite tipple whilst in the hot tub!)
There is plenty to keep the whole family entertained with free Wifi internet access, UK satellite TV, a Nintendo Wii and plenty of games, books, CDs and DVDs to appeal to all tastes.
Our comfortable and individually styled bedrooms offer a number of options in catering for your group.
Three of the bedrooms are upstairs from the living area: the Aubergine room (ensuite with a double and single bed); the Praline room (an ensuite double); and the Framboise room (another ensuite double).
Downstairs, the ensuite Cerise room with a bath offers itself as either a double or twin room. The Chocolat room contains two sets of adult-sized bunk beds and has it's own private shower room.
There's plenty of space in the boot room for outdoor clothing and ski/snowboard equipment and the heated boot rack will ensure that you have nice toasty feet every morning of your stay.More on the chalet layout
- The chalet is just a short walk (about 4 minutes) from the restaurants and bars of Samoens - ideal if you fancy an evening drink or two in the village
- The Grand Massif Express whisks you up to the slopes at Samoens 1600 in just 8 minutes
- If you don't fancy walking to the ski (approx. 15 mins), we provide a morning and afternoon shuttle service from the chalets in our spacious minibus
- A free ski bus stopping about a couple of minutes from the chalets and dropping you right next to the lift gives you even more freedom to come and go as you wish
Winter in Samoens
Samoens is an undiscovered gem. A charming, traditional mountain village at the foot of a world-class skiing area with a superb snow record.